Monday, March 11, 2013

New Reviewer Intro

Hi Peeps!  My name is Erica Moulton and I am very excited to be joining the POD People reviewer panel!  I self published two of my novels in early 2013 and was astounded to find how many self published authors were out there trying to get their novels noticed.  In promoting my own novels, I stumbled across POD People and it was love at first sight.  As a writer myself, I love brutal honesty.  Writers can not learn to grow without honest criticism.  I love to write, read and analyze so here I am!

I started out in college to pursue a career as an English teacher but life’s crazy path landed me in Accounting and Human Resources.  I have had various courses in English including English 101, English 102, The Novel, Survey of Native American Literature, American Literature Levels 1 & 2, etc.  I enjoy reading General Fiction, Suspense/ Thriller, some Paranormal and Non-Fiction books about the following subjects: Clean Eating/Living, Self-Sustainable Living, True Crime, some Memoirs, some Controversy Theory.  I need a writer to make me question my own beliefs, to make me sob, to make me feel connected to the characters.  After finishing one of the best books I have ever read, I took a shower and cried my eyes out for twenty minutes.  I am also huge on symbolism and hidden meanings. 

I live in upstate New York with my husband and our children.  I work full time, blog (Penny Pinching Parents and Operation Life Organization), write (What Happened and Miss Non-Perfectionist: Stories of Failure to Achieve Supermom Status) and have a million hobbies (running, couponing, learning about clean living, volunteer cheer coach, taxi cab driver to practice/lessons, etc).  If I do get a spare second not buried in a book or my lap top I am a huge fan of TV shows such as The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, The Following and any true crime TV.  So basically, I am never bored! 

Feel free to leave a comment below introducing who you are so I get a feel for the followers of this blog!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Erica,

I love your sentence about liking books that make your question your perspectives. Interested in reviewing my new book "Confessions of a Gay Married Priest: A Spiritual Journey"? You can see the summary and reader comments on Amazon.

Maurice Monette