Thursday, May 01, 2008

Anatomy of a SPAM--veinglory


Ivitation to veinglory Hope You will come!

Holy Random Capitalization, batman.

Hi veinglory,

Um, Hi

We are excited about inviting you to take a look at our website
"ImagesandWriters.com." A new website for the creative community.

I am not so excited.

What we are all about website:
Website: http://imagesandwriters.com/

All your website are belong to you.

Thank you for your time. I am really hoping you join us! Want to try us out for 30 days? Click the "Trial Pay" button, on the websie. We will never contact you
again. We are not spammers.

I think I shall restrain myself from "Trail Paying" you websie. Oh, it may take heroic effort, but I shall. p.s. this message is spam as I did not solicit it.

Regards,

Joe McQuade
Webmaster
ImagesandWriters.com
Website: http://imagesandwriters.com/
Contact: jmc@imagesandwriters.com

In accordance with the Federal CAN SPAM Act of 2003, ImagesAndWriters is required to disclose that this email may contain an advertisement or solicitation.

You are also required to "include your valid physical postal address." "Each violation of the above provisions is subject to fines of up to $11,000."

For your protection, we remind you that this is an unsecured email service, which is not intended for sending confidential or sensitive information. To discontinue receiving all emails containing solicitation materials from ImagesAndWriters, please send an email to the Webmaster above, with your name and email address.

[blank look]

Note from Joe:
The above paragraph is a required legal format. Rest assured, we will never contact you again, unless you contact us.

I'll hold you to that. Thanks.

1 comment:

Diana Castilleja said...

I got it too.

Ballsy, No? I get a lot of spam, and had hoped taking my email out of my web content (replaced it with a form) would help.

It appears I am in the "machine".

Lucky me. :(